Eight Steps to creating a Wealth Mindset
Wealth rarely comes without belief and intention.
It’s possible to luck your way into financial abundance, but the odds aren’t in your favor.
While a wealth mindset isn’t enough to create wealth, it makes wealth possible.
If you’re struggling financially, your mindset is the best place to start. It doesn’t cost anything to have a wealth mindset.
Give yourself the gift of wealth with these strategies:
1. Develop a positive attitude around money and wealth. Most of us would like more money, but we also harbor a few negative feelings or beliefs around money. Negative beliefs can be more powerful than positive beliefs.
◦ When you think of wealthy people, what are your thoughts? Are any of them negative? If so, it would be best to adjust your perceptions.
◦ You’re sure to sabotage your efforts if you have negative associations around money.
2. Hang out with like-minded people. If you want to become wealthy, it makes sense to spend time with wealthy people. Hanging around with ambitious people that share your vision of the future will give you the support and validation you need to persevere.
3. Be willing to ignore the naysayers. When wealth creation becomes a priority in your life, you’re sure to receive some criticism from friends and family members that have different beliefs around money.
◦ It’s important to be able to ignore these opinions from others. Allow them to live life in their own way and demand the same in return. What’s really bothering them is the idea that you may become wealthy and they won’t.
4. Be respectful of money. If you aren’t respectful of your partner, they’ll eventually leave you. The same is true of money. Be respectful of how you spend and invest it. Do you have your bills organized or are they all over the house? Do you pay your bills on time?
◦ Anything that involves money should get your attention and respect.
5. Focus on creating value. The more value you can provide to the world, the more you can expect to receive. Most people make the same amount of money each year because they deliver the same amount of value each year.
6. Leverage your strengths. Become excellent at what you’re good at and delegate the rest to others. Someone is great in the areas in which you struggle. It’s more intelligent to use your strengths than to spend valuable time building your weaknesses to a tolerable level.
7. Eliminate expenses that aren’t meaningful to you. It’s not necessary to wash your clothes by hand, but if you haven’t used your home alarm system in six months, why are you paying for the service? Look at all your monthly bills and expenses and eliminate those things that don’t bring you any kind of value.
8. Believe you can be wealthy. Current statistics put the odds of becoming a millionaire in the US at 7%. That’s roughly one in 14 households. Not too shabby. That includes some people that never really dedicated themselves to creating wealth. Imagine how good your odds are if you really make an effort!
◦ Know that with earnest effort, your odds of becoming wealthy are better than 50%.
Having the seed of possibility planted in your brain makes wealth possible.
Wealth starts with having a positive mindset about money.
Examine your own mindset and thoughts about wealth.
Have respect for money. Be creative and generate as much value as you can for the marketplace. Spend time with others that have similar goals.
Becoming a millionaire is more likely than most people realize. Begin creating a wealth mindset today for a brighter tomorrow.
Check out this simple morning checklist to improve your success